The U.S. Government Accountability Office has issued a call for nominations to fill seats on the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Board of Governors.
As the needs of the PCORI Board of Governors significantly overlap with the expertise and interests of AACIPM’s many participants, we see this as an exciting opportunity for members of our alliance to impact policy at the federal level, and we sincerely hope you will consider applying.
PCORI is accepting nominations in the following categories:
- a surgeon,
- a state-licensed integrative health care practitioner,
- a representative of patients and health care consumers,
- a representative of device manufacturers or developers,
- a representative of pharmaceutical manufacturers or developers, and
- a representative of private payers who represents health insurance issuers.
Letters of nomination and resumes must be emailed to PCORI@gao.gov no later than May 10, 2022.
PCORI is also accepting applications for Merit Reviewers and Peer Reviewers, two vital parts of their review process. Applications are welcome from scientists, patients, caregivers, clinicians, policy makers, hospital and health systems, payers, purchasers, industry, researchers, and training institutions.