FALL 2020 SYMPOSIA
Behavioral Health as Part of Comprehensive Pain Care and Payment Design
November 12, 2020 — 12:00pm-2:30pm ET
This 2.5-hour symposium was hosted by the Alliance to Advance Comprehensive Integrative Pain Management in partnership with the American Psychological Association. The program examines behavioral health as part of a comprehensive approach to pain management from the perspectives of providers, people with pain, payors and purchasers of healthcare.
- Review the impact and prevalence of pain as well as the standards and competencies necessary to effectively provide behavioral health interventions to people with chronic pain.
- Gain practical knowledge about the value of integrating behavioral health, primary care and complementary/integrative therapies for people with chronic pain.
- Gain knowledge about the intersection of social determinants of health and access to multimodal pain care in light of the pandemic.
- Learn about practical tools and effectiveness of integrating behavioral health from the perspective of people with chronic pain.
- Describe how healthcare providers, payors and purchasers of healthcare can collaborate to improve patient-reported outcomes.
Sign up to receive our updates