NCIPC’s Board of Scientific Counselors (BSC), a federal advisory committee, is establishing an Opioid Workgroup to provide expert input and observations on a possible update or expansion of the CDC Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain—United States, 2016. The presentations given to the BSC on to the potential update or expansion of the 2016 CDC Guideline and establishing an Opioid Workgroup are here.
- The Opioid Workgroup will be comprised of 12–20 people.
- Perspectives that would support or enhance the workgroup’s capacity to complete tasks include, but are not limited to, those of the following groups:
- Patients and Families
- Pharmacists/ Pharmacologists
- Public health practitioners
- Research scientists
- Given workgroup factors including size considerations, prospective members who offer two or more perspectives are desired.
- People who wish to be considered for nomination to the workgroup should self-nominate by emailing their current curriculum vitae (CV) and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before Tuesday, February 4, 2020.
For more information, please see: